Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dane Cook's Dream Come True

Well, a few of you have heard my story, but I thought I would post it on here for all to read.

Yesterday I went to Jana's house. The trax have become my best friend otherwise I probably wouldn't be able to make this journey often as I do. Well, I was rushed to get out to the stop in front of the Plaza because the train would be arriving in two minutes. I ran to the crosswalk, I had just stuffed in my headphones and was pulling out my phone to text/call someone (I can't quite remember). I looked up and saw that it said I could walk so I started out into the crosswalk not even thinking to check for traffic. Well, I suddenly heard something so I looked up just in time to see a large white SUV coming. It is a good thing I saw it coming. It was going way too fast to stop in time for the very red light. It blew right throught the light. I was lucky I had looked. If I had kept walking I would have stepped right in front of that car and there is no way they could have possibly stopped in time. It was quite the experience to nearly be hit by a car. I don't reccommend it.
Everyone told me there would be lost of new exciting adventures at college... well it was something... maybe not exciting, but it was new and an adventure.

p.s. the Dane Cook reference is to one of his acts where he talks about him finally getting to see someone get hit by a car.

3 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I was the one you were texting. When I wished you lots of adventures in college, I meant things like dancing, and dating, and crazy roommate parties, not getting hit by a car.

Jana said...

Pardon my ignorance, but I still don't know who Dane Cook is. I appreciate you risking your life to come to my house, I hope your experience hasn't deterred your desire to come over. Remember to look both ways because people driving in Utah are just plain STOOPID. (I nearly got rear-ended on the way to the dentist yesterday because I decided to stop as the yellow light was turning red instead of speeding through it as the car behind me apparently expected us to do.) Especially be careful this week as downtown fills up with out-of-towners. (Ignorance + Stoopid= watch out)

Jana said...

So I googled Dane Cook, now I know.