So what's up? I finally have time to blog again! I thought I would tell you all a little more about my college escapades. This last week was good. I am definitely glad it is over though! The first week of school always stinks. My classes are ok. One of my professors is a little....strange and of course I have her for two of my MWF classes and she is the head of my department. Great. And my Keyboarding teacher seems a little incompetent I don't think he knows how to use a computer really. So class with him ought to be interesting. My speech class is definitely going to be good though...can we say lots of older cute guys? And one of them sat by me Thursday and was whispering to me almost the entire class. We met in the bookstore that morning while we were in line waiting to check out and then we had our first class together. His name is Steve Cannon and he is from Rexburg. He is 24 and an RM. He is really nice and funny and super strong spiritually. He also has offered to take me home anytime he goes home and he goes home almost every weekend. So I just might be taking a lot of trips home... :)
Saturday night we went dancing. There is really nice dance club on 600 South with a strict dress and dance code. It was a ton of fun. We ended up not getting back to our dorm until 1:30 though. My roommate and I decided to leave early and left at 12:30 and went to the nearest Trax station to wait for a train. The schedule says it runs until 130 on Saturday nights... it doesn't. We sat and wait for about 30 minutes when we realized it wasn't coming. So Megan(my roommate) called one of the guys she knew that had a car to come get me and her. Luckily this guy is super sweet and got up and came and got us. We finally got back to the hotel at 130. And we had to be up bright and early to go to regional conference Sunday morning. lucky us.
There are two girls on my floor from Katy, Texas and are really nice girls. One of them has a brother that is going here right now too and is renting a house with a group of guys. So yesterday for Sunday dinner Emily, Kylie, and I went over and made dinner for them. We made spaghetti, and garlic bread, and salad. Oh yeah, and chocolate chip cookies. It was really fun cooking with friends and hanging out with the guys. They were hilarious. We are thinking that we might do this every week and switch of between us and them every Sunday. And there is a cute guy there too but he has a girlfriend. Of course. Darn it all. So yeah.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yea, college life. Already so many adventures and school has barely started.
Whoot whoot! You'll have to continue your info-feed on this boy from Rexburg that's in your class. And clubbing already!? I have to admit, I did a lot of clubbing when I was down in Pocatello - it Rocked!!
Sounds like I need to come visit and hit up this dance club with you! Although the last time I went dancing a guy offered to take me home... hahaha AWKWARD!
At least you have college life adventures. I don't think anyone would have cared to read about the petrifying nursing student who lived in the the library. No fun there. Keep up the dancing, and calling guys to rescue you at 1:30 in the morning.
Post a Comment